![]() |
| Rohnert Park DoubleTree |
Last weekend I had
my first stay at a DoubleTree hotel. My stay was February 29 to March 1 of this
year. I thought the room was really nice, had a great pool and hot tub, but the
breakfast was kind of disappointing. Overall it was a good stay and would consider
staying there. The main reason for the stay is that I had a credit that I
needed to use at a Hilton resort, and this was the easiest for me to go to.
Also, I have never stayed at a DoubleTree before so I thought it would be a fun
way to check one out.
Booking the stay was
really easy, I just did a normal booking on Hilton’s website. I wanted to do
this stay in March but was able to get lower rate in February. I did get an
email the night before my stay that I could pick my room on the Hilton app, but
I chose to still check in when I got to the hotel. This was partly because I
wanted to get some of the cookies that the DoubleTree is known for. I did get
my cookies and they were good. The person who checking me was friendly and had
some good small talk while she did what she needed to do to get me checked
in. She also made sure that I knew that
I needed a parking permit to park my truck for the night. She also gave me
clear directions to my room.
| My room at the Rohnert Park Double Tree |
The room that I had
was a really comfortable room. I had a king size bed with a lanai. In addition
to the bed, there was a desk and chair as well as a coffee table and a good
size couch. Someone could have a small group over and not feel cramped. The lanai
was kind of small and was just big enough for two patio chairs and a small
table. Still to be able to sit outside on a nice day would be a nice option
over being stuck in the room or having to walk out to the courtyard. One thing I really liked about this hotel is
that the bed was really soft and comfortable. Also, they had really nice firm
standard size pillows. Since I sleep on my side, I hate when the pillows are so
soft that your head sinks into them and there is no support. I can tell you, I
fell asleep really fast because of the great bed and pillows. The bathroom was
nothing too exciting. I did like that they did have the Crabtree & Evelyn
soaps like the Hilton I stayed at in Long Beach, CA last November.
![]() |
| My room from the door way |
After moving the
truck and getting my suite case, I got settled in, I went for a walk of the
hotel. It was easy getting out to the center courtyard where the pool and hot
were at. To my surprise, the pool was heated and warm enough to go swimming. I
also liked that out there, they had a corn hole board setup and a decent size
grassy area with a patio. The hotel gym was small, but someone could keep up on
their work outs while staying there. I really liked the main lobby and lounging
area. There were many different kinds of tables, chairs, and couches. There was
also small area that was like a small living room with a fireplace for
ambience. There also a bar with a good size beer and wine list. It was a great
place for me to have some family and friends meet up with me and having a drink
before going to dinner.
![]() |
| Hot tub and pool area |
Sunday morning, I
made sure that I was up early so that I could check out the breakfast. When I
got in, it was kind odd how things were setup, but I could tell they were
trying to work with the layout of the restaurant and that it was not originally
designed for a Hilton hotel. (When it was originally built, it was a Red Loin
Inn.) The omelet that I had was really good. When it came to the food at the
hot bar, I was kind of disappointed. The first time I went through, everything
was harm and looked good. But when I went back for a second helping, a lot of
the dishes were cold and so was the food. There as nothing really keep the
chafing dishes warm in turn keeping the food warm. The continental breakfast
bar was good. Also, I liked that they had three different kind of locally
produced apple juices. I was happy that was there because when I had ordered a
regular apple juice, I was about half-way through a glass when one of the
weight staff cleared my table while I was getting another helping. They were
quick to get me another place setting and got me another class of juice once
they realized that I was not done eating. Just in general, I was disappointed
with breakfast.
Checking out was
really easy. I was once again greeted with a smile and a friendly person when I
walked up to the front desk. One thing that I really liked is that I asked if I
wanted a printed bill in addition to getting an email copy. I like getting it
because I can quickly make sure everything is in order before I leave the
hotel. I feel this also gives me a chance to ask any last questions I might
have before leaving.
The reason why I was
staying here for the night was because I like checking out different hotels,
but it was also because I wanted to use the $250 resort credit that I have on
the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. When I made the booking, it was
the only Hilton Resort in Northern California. Between the roommate, the two
martinis and two beers at the bar, and the upgraded breakfast, this stay only
costed me just under $18 out of pocket. With this stay, I wanted to see how
this credit worked and felt it was a good trial use of the credit. If you would like to learn more about this
credit and other features of the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, I
will have a referral link to wear you can learn more about this card and the
other Hilton Honors cards from American Express down at the bottom of this
post. Stay tuned to my blog, I should have a post with my first year with this
credit card posted later this year.
Overall, I would
stay it was a good stay. The staff at the front desk was great and really
friendly, the room was a good size and had a great bed, the pool and hot tub
were great to jump into, and the lobby was great for having a drink with family
and friends. I was disappointed with the breakfast. I would hope they can find
a way to keep the food warm for the hot breakfast. The only other suggestion I
would have, is redo the painting of the hotel. It is looking a little warn and
there are some noticeable stains on the paint. Overall, this would be a hotel I
would not mind revisiting again.
Links:



No comments:
Post a Comment