Last week I went on an RV trip with my grandpa up to the Oregon Coast. While November is not the ideal time to go there, we had a good time. We took is motorhome with him and stayed at the The Mill RV Park in North Bend, Oregon. After four nights there, I fell we got a good feel for the place and really did not have any problems. I was not sure what to expect once we arrived at the RV park since I have not done much traveling by RV and did not know what to expect.
There were many things that I liked about this RV park and was happy we stayed here. First off, I liked that it was easy to find. I knew that it was on the east side of US 101 in North Bend, but signage for the hotel, casino, and RV park was very clear from the highway. Once we pulled into the driveway, it was easy for us to figure out where to go for the RV park. The night before our arrival, we made reservations online. It was very easy to do. The registration building was easy to find and getting our site was very easy. I liked that they had a very simple layout of the campground and show us how to get into our pull through campsite. When we're doing our reservation, it made it easy that there are only four types of sites. There is pull through with full hook-ups with a bay view, pull through with full hook-ups with a non-bay view, non-pull through with full hook-ups, and dry camping. We opted for the bay view pull through and then moved to a non-bay view to get us closer to the restrooms for Grandpa. Both sites were great. I liked that sites were fairly level with a bit a slope for the drainage for when it rains. The whole area of the campground is paved except for small areas in between campsites that have small bushes to help make it feel more comfortable than just a sold black top. Also, the hooks for the electricity, water, and sewer were all in the right place and was easy to tell what campsite each one was for. The bathrooms were big and had great showers in them. There very clean and looked like they have made sure it does not look old or aged at all. The laundry room a good number of washers and drying so that a many people could do laundry and not have to wait for a machine. I did forget to mention one important thing about the registration office. It had verity of RV items for sale. They had everything from extra sewer kits and chemicals to toilet paper and paper towels. I was impressed by this because we stayed at a couple of RV parks on this trip and they did not have this kind of selection. I am sure there have been people happy that they these kinds of items for sale at the RV park.
What also impressed me was that while we are going through Covid, they were able to have the casino open and a couple of their restaurants. One was the Timber’s Café and Warehouse 101. I think they must have shared a kitchen because both had similar menus. The Warehouse 101 was a bar that we could go in and watch sports while we ate and had something to drink. They have one big main screen and many smaller screens on each side. When we got there on Sunday, I think they had all the afternoon football games on plus NASCAR and golf. We ended up going there two nights while we were there and got ok service the first time and great service the second time. The food was good but nothing to write home about. I would say the same thing about the Timber’s Café. What stood out to me was that they had a bigger menu and also had deserts as well. They were doing take only but that was ok since I could take it back to the motorhome for us. We did not gamble at the casino but we had to talk through it to get to the two restaurants. It looked like it was a good size gaming floor with many different kinds of games.
Overall, I would give The Mill a 4.5 out of 5. There are just a couple of things that kept it from getting a full five. The one main issue I had was getting my phone to connect and stay connected to the WiFi in the RV park. I don’t know if it was an issue with my phone or the wireless signal. I had no issues with my iPad or my grandpa’s iPad. There was just something my phone had a hard time connecting to the router and staying connected unless I was in the main building with bathroom and laundry room. The only other issue I had was getting the free shuttle from the RV park to the casino and back. When I would call the number on the paper they gave on check in, I had to go through 4 menu options before getting someone who I could let know I wanted to get picked up. And for a ride back, I did not know until the third night, that I could go the security office in the casino to talk to someone to call the shuttle for us. I did like that the shuttle would take us right to our campsite.
This was great place for us and thought this was great pick by Grandpa. From the easy booking online, to easy registration, to the great campsites, and facilities on the property, this would be a place I would recommend people should stay if they are going to be in the area with their RV. I think it was well worth the money and liked that it was in town and not far from anything. The food was good at the restaurants and made it easy for us to stay close to the RV when eating out. I would like to go back and check out the hotel here. I would have high hopes that it would be as good as the RV park. Hopefully it will still be there when I am ready to go back to North Bend, OR.
Until then, safe travels.

No comments:
Post a Comment