Last month I told a trip to the Monterey, Ca and while I was there I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near Seaside, Ca. I had a great stay there and everything almost perfect for me.
There was a lot of things I really liked about this hotel. From the fast check, the hotel itself, and where the hotel is located. When I got there in the afternoon, I really liked that my room keys were ready to go and it was one of the fastest check ins I had at a hotel. The young lady at the front desk was helpful in telling me exactly where my room was and how to get there. Getting up to the fifth floor was easy it was not hard finding my room.
The room itself was a nice room. It looked like it was recently refreshed. All the paint and furniture seemed like it was new. I also was surprised by having a view of the ocean. I know that there was the the freeway between the hotel and the ocean but I was hight enough to that I could see over the free and see the ocean with no problem. What also stood out to me about this room beside everything looking so new was that there was no shower door or current. It was kind offering but still worked and liked it. There was a good size area for a sitting area and most importantly, the bed was really comfortable. Between the hot tub that was open and the big bed, I was able to get a great night sleep.
One thing I really liked about his hotel was the location of the hotel to the ocean. While I was able to see it from my room, the beach and trail that goes along the beach was a short walk away. This was great for me because it allowed me to go for a run a long the ocean in the morning without having to get in the truck. This was a defendant plus for me. I could see going to this hotel in the summer time and not having to worry about parking at one of the small parking lots at the state beaches there.
After I went for my run, I was able to have a great breakfast. The breakfast room was open and was serving a normal breakfast for a Holiday Inn Express. The only thing that was not work was the waffle maker. I was able to get a very filling breakfast before checking out. I also liked that the media room where we had our breakfast has TVs at almost of the tables in this room.
While there were so many things that seemed great about this hotel, there was only one thing that got to me. While I was at the hot tub, there was a lot of ants around the edge of the hot tub. I was not able to lean back agains the inside wall of the hot tub as the ants would have walked on me. I feel this a minor thing and could easily be fixed by the hotel staff.
Over all I thought this was a great hotel. If I were to go back to Monterey, I would defiantly look at staying here again. Everyone who works there was friendly, the rooms and beds are really comfortable, and its really close to the ocean. I know some people would like to stay closer to wharf or Cannery Row when they go to Monterey, but if you are looking for a place that is a little bit away and right on the ocean, this would be the place to stay. I hope I can revisit this hotel in the future.
Until next time, safe travels.
PS. If you want to earn even more, I like did with this trip, you can book this hotel through Rakuten to earn some cash back too. Below will be a link to sign up with Rakuten and then search for IHG Hotels. I will also include a link to the IHG Rewards Club Premier MasterCard so you can even more points with IHG Hotels.
Links
- Rakuten <https://www.rakuten.com/r/SMB1984?eeid=28187>
- IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card <https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/ihg-rewards-club/premier?CELL=6TKV>
No comments:
Post a Comment