Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Carson City Holiday Inn Express – May 2023



This month I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Carson City, NV. I have found that Holiday Inn Express is one hotel chain I really enjoy staying at. This property was no expectation to this belief. I would say that my stay here was a great stay and would give it 4.5 stars out of 5. There were a few reasons why I wanted to say here and just a couple of things that I stood out to me.

I know why you might be asking why stayed at this hotel, and not go somewhere more exciting like the San Francisco Bay Area or maybe even Reno, NV? This trip was to use a free night certificate, it is close to Lake Tahoe, and because I had stayed here before during the pandemic but did not get the full experience because of it. This stay was covered by my free night certificate included with the $89 annual fee I get with the Chase IHG Rewards Premier credit card. If I were to have paid cash for this night, it would have been $209 plus any applicable fees and taxes, so it was a good use for a night away but not too far from home. This free night was close to its expiration date, and since it was close to Lake Tahoe, I thought I would use it here. Since I have gotten my new Subaru, I have found that the drive up to Lake Tahoe is fun to drive it to and Carson City is just a half hour drive from South Lake Tahoe. It was fun to take a drive part way around the lake then drive to town for the night. I took a new way home via NV 88 / CA 88 just south of the city.

The other draw to this hotel is that I stayed here during the pandemic. I did not feel I got the full experience since the pool area, hotel gym, and common area was closed due to the social distancing. During the pandemic, they did offer a hot breakfast, but you had to eat in your room. This time everything was open, and we got the normal hot breakfast that Holiday Inn Express normally has. I walked through the gym and hung out a little in the common area. I really was happy to see that they had their welcome bar open all day. The bed was also more comfortable than I remembered.

There were only two minor things that I thought I would note. The contactless system on the POS system was not working when checking in. This meant that I had to have my card with me and was not able to use the Apple Pay on my phone for the deposit. The only other thing that I noticed was that the hot tub did not work. According to the night maintenance guy, the pump for the jets in the hot tub were overheating and he did not know how to repair it. This meant that the hot tub was just warm water you could sit in but did not have the relaxing jets. 

Would I stay here again? Yes, I would. All the staff members were friendly, it is a property I could use a free night for, it is close to Lake Tahoe, and has comfortable rooms. I have found that I really like the Holiday Inn Express line of hotels and this hotel is a great example of the line. The issues I experienced while I was there were minor things and sure they will be fixed in no time since they are known issues. Carson City is a fun quick get-away and will keep it in mind for the next time I need a quick get-away and this hotel might be my go-to place even if I am using cash for a stay. I look forward to returning this hotel soon. 

 

 

Links:

Earn 140,000 bonus points with the IHG Reward Premier credit card or earn 80,000 bonus points with IHG Rewards Traveler credit card. I can be rewarded too, learn more.

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/210b/DAIB9W2UNR


No comments:

Post a Comment