![]() |
| Hampton Inn & Suites Redding |
Hampton Inn &
Suites Redding was the first hotel that I stayed at on my trip to Redding this
week. It was a nice hotel. I was here for one night because I was checking out
this hotel and wanted to check out another hotel while I was in Redding. The night
I was here was Monday, May 20th.
Arriving and
checking was easy. Even though I did not check in to the hotel until just after
7:30p in the evening, I had ready selected my room and just needed to get my
room key. I think checking in took only 5 minutes if that. This was partly
because I had done the pre check in online Hilton app the night before. This
meant that I had already picked my room and gave a ruff estimate on when I was
going to arrive. I was able to find my room was really easy and it did not take
long for me to get settled in. It was nice that there was some room near the tv
stand where I could put the luggage stand and put my suitcase there.
I feel like this was
a smaller Hampton Inn than the one I stayed in Reno. The back-patio area
smaller and the pool and spa are outside. The lobby felt about the same size
and at this hotel there was small room just outside the restrooms off the lobby
that had information and brochures for different attractions in the area. They
also had the coffee bar there as well. The third floor smelled of strong
cleaning chemicals from them cleaning the carpets when I arrived and had the
smell for most of my stay there.
Since the pool and
spa were outside, and it was kind of cool and rainy in Redding, I only got to
try the spa. The spa I thought was at a good temperature. It
was about the standard size for a spa. I would say you could get about six or seven
adults in there comfortably. One thing that seem kind of odd, is that it had a
short timer for the jets and I had to keep pressing the button for them to keep
going.
Once in bed, I did
sleep well. The bed was really comfortable and did not take long for me to fall
asleep. I think a part of it was that I had gotten up early and I was going to
bed around midnight. One thing I did like was that they had a power station on
the night stand that two normal outlets and then two USB ports. One was labeled
“Standard” and the other was labeled “Tablet.” I think this hotel was built
before everyone had smartphones and tablet computers that needed to be charging
near the bed.
![]() |
| The beds in the room |
Breakfast the next
was ok. There was nothing too exciting that stood out me. This hotel did have
chocolate waffles that I thought was interesting. I was able to eat enough to
fill me up for a while. The staff did a good job on keeping the food warm and full.
I don’t think anything ever got more than half empty before they were refilling
it.
The bathroom was
also a big bathroom. It was easy to get ready to leave in the morning. What I
liked about this bathroom is that it had a bathtub with shower in it. This
meant that some could take a bath or shower or both. Also, the shower curtain
did not go too far from the tub so it could actually keep the water in the tub.
![]() |
| Looking into the bathroom |
Checking out was
really easy. All I did was tell them I was checking out and then they asked my
room number. I gave them keys and my receipt was emailed to me, and I was set. This
Hampton Inn did not have Bluetooth keys, but I am going to try that the next time
it’s an option.
Over all I would
stay that it was a good stay. I would think about staying there the next time I
am in Redding. It is close to both Interstate 5 and California 44. This is
great because if you are going anywhere north, south, or east of Redding, you
are close but not too close to a freeway. I also liked that this hotel was not
on a main street, so it was quiet and but easy to get gas and get on a freeway.
I would stay that they did something about the smell of chemicals in the
third-floor hallway. I understand that they want to keep the carpets clean and
it was a cold and rainy evening, I would have found some way to get rid of the
smell. The breakfast was just like the others I have had at other Hampton Inns.
The staff was friendly while I was there but no stood out to me. I would stay
from my experience traveling, I do feel like Hampton Inns are a good value. I
think also like staying there because I feel I can earn a lot of points when
Hilton has promotions and because I have the Hilton Aspire Card. This gets me
better internet connections, parking spots, and bonus points when I check into
the room. Also, I liked that even though I opted for the points over the
welcome snack, they gave me two bottles of water when checked in. I thought it was
a very nice of them. While this property did not give me a chance to use the
app on my iPhone as my door key, I did like checking in the day before my stay
so I could pick my room versus them picking a room for me.
In all and all it
was a good stay. I would consider staying her again the next time I go to
Redding. The room looked great and was very comfortable. It was easy to get to
and was close to the freeways and a Safeway for some cheap gas. The total
points I earned from this stay, including points I earned on my AmEx Hilton
Aspire Card, is 5,160 points. Hopefully it will not be too long before I stay at a Hampton Inn again!
Until Next time…
If you are
interested in any of the Hilton Honors credit cards, below is my referral link
where you can get a great sign up bonus from Hilton and American Express. This
will first take you to the offer page for the American Express Aspire Card.
There is a button above the offer labeled "Explore Other Options"
where you will be able to see all offers for the different Hilton Honors cards
by American Express.



No comments:
Post a Comment